Accommodation Terms & Conditions
Please read and abide by the below Terms and Conditions to ensure that you enjoy your holiday accommodation on North Stradbroke Island.
Guests and their families/friends are required to behave in a way which is considerate to the safety, comfort and convenience of other guests and staff within the resort grounds or property. The following is regarded as unacceptable behaviour;
- Noisy, offensive and/or unruly behaviour
- Damage to or destruction of property or grounds
- Improper or unseemly conduct
- Any act or omission that in the opinion of the Manager adversely affects or brings discredit upon the Managers, staff, owner or other guests.
- Smoking indoors or around common areas within the resort complex
At no time during the occupancy by the tenant shall more than the number of persons shown on the receipt reside overnight at the premises, without the prior consent of the agent, whereupon extra charges may be made. Guests must not hold private functions on the premises unless it has been pre arranged with the managers/agents. Not complying with this condition renders tenancy subject to immediate cancellation.
A 20% deposit is required at the time of booking. If travel is within one month then a full payment will be required at time of booking.
The balance of the total booking amount will be required two weeks prior to departure. During peak holiday period final payment is required one month prior to departure. Failure to pay your final payment by the due date specified will mean your booking is cancelled and all deposits paid are non-refundable.
- An administration fee of up to $50.00 may apply to any booking cancellation
- 30 days to 1 week prior to arrival a 20% cancellation fee of the total booking amount applies
- Less than 1 week prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fee of total booking will apply
- Failure to arrive or cancellation on the day of expected arrival will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Resort cancellation fees apply
- If your credit card or charge card is billed in a different currency to your purchase, your card provider will determine the applicable exchange rate.
Check in/Check out times
Please check your booking confirmation for check-in / out times, or ask our staff.
Check in/Check out Conditions
It is essential that you abide by the designated check in/check out times of the property you are staying in. Late check out can only be arranged the day prior to departure with the management/agent. Failure to check out at the required time will result in an additional charge. A valid credit card will be required upon check in.
Linen is provided for the number of guests that have been booked. Linen changes are not provided unless the stay exceeds 7 nights. Any additional linen changes/requests will be charged at the discretion of the Manager at the appropriate fee.
Guests are responsible for the cleaning of their room/unit/house during your stay. Guests must leave the premises in an orderly and clean condition or an additional cleaning fee will apply. Management/agents reserve the right to debit the fee from any credit card it holds from the relevant guest.
Please respect pool hours. Please keep the noise levels to a minimum to ensure maximum comfort for all guests. No glass is permitted in the pool areas.
Please place your rubbish in bins provided at your accommodation facility.
Guests must park in the designated parking bays for the particular unit they are occupying. Guests are not permitted to park in undesignated areas around the resort.
Pets are not permitted on the premises under any circumstances unless you have a rental house that is approved for pets. This must be disclosed at the time of booking.
Loss or Damage
Staff or employees shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to, any occupant’s valuables while staying at the resort/house. Guests are recommended to take the necessary security measures to protect and secure their belongings. Guests will be held responsible for all loss or damage caused to the resort/property as a result of a breach of the House Rules.
Guests must abide by the 5km speed limit throughout the resorts at all times. Straddie is a relaxed island destination and therefore it would be appreciated that speed limits are adhered to especially in the built up areas.
Smoking is not permitted in any room or around the resort grounds.
Vehicle Ferry Terms & Conditions
- Changes to booked fares may incur an amendment fee.
- The current amendment fee is $10 per one way journey. The amendment fee is waived for changes made online.
- Online changes are closed off one hour prior to departure.
- Reservations staff are available to assist with changes after the online option has been closed off – these changes will incur the amendment fee.
- Cancellations of bookings will incur a cancellation fee. The current cancellation fee is $10 per one way journey.
- Bookings cancelled 48 hours or more before travel will be refunded, less the cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled within 48 hours of travel will receive a credit balance available for re-use within 6 months, minus the cancellation fee. NO refund will be given.
- If there is no notice of cancellation or a no show for the booked voyage, then there is NO refund and the full fare is forfeited.
You must arrive at the departure point at the stated time, which is 20 mins prior to sailing. Please refer to your Booking Confirmation.
Conditions of Carriage
All passengers’ vehicles and goods are transported subject to the following conditions:
- The term “we” and similar terms mean Stradbroke Ferries Pty Ltd (ABN 63 009 725 713) and its servants and agents.
- By travelling on our vessels you agree to these conditions.
- You warrant that you were acting as agent for each of the passengers who travel under the authority of this contract.
- We will not be liable for loss, damage, delay or injury (including direct or consequential loss, damage, delay or injury) to any property or any person connected in any way with:
- our carriage of passengers, vehicles and other goods
- services ancillary to that carriage
- any activities on or in the vicinity of the vessel including embarking or disembarking even where resulting in whole or in part from any act or omission by us or due to our negligence or misconduct.
- No oral representations concerning our liability which conflict with or detract from these conditions will be binding.
- For your safety and the safety of others you must obey all instructions given by our employees.
- We may decline to transport any person, vehicle or goods without giving any reason. We may cancel or vary any scheduled trip without notice.
- Warranties implied in this contract by any legislation are included only to the extent that they must be included. Otherwise they are excluded.
- If you wish to make any claim against us in respect of our carriage of you, other passengers, your vehicle or goods, you must do so within 3 months of the date on which the carriage occurred.
- To the extent this contract relates to the consignment of goods, the amended Hague Rules are to govern this contract as if it were a bill of lading
Other Terms and Conditions
- Smoking is Prohibited on all our vessels
- False declaration of your vehicle’s measurements may result in your vehicle being left behind.
- Length of caravan / trailer is the overall length of the loaded unit measured from the tow ball to the end of your load.