A 'Taste of Straddie'
If you have never tasted Straddie before, you are in for a feast! A ‘Taste of Straddie’will showcase what Straddie has to offer.
This week-long festival is the perfect opportunity to experience a ‘Taste of Straddie’…
- Treasure hunt
- Beach party
- Guided tours
- Heritage walks
- Local seafood and live music
- Golf and barefoot bowls
- Lots of FREE activities
The festival will coincide with the Lines in the Sand Arts Festival and followed by the NSI Youthlink Whale Welcoming Ceremony.
Please see the below itinerary, or alternatively download the printer-friendly Taste of Straddie PDF.
Saturday 23rd June
- 9.00am – 12.00pm: 97.3FM Street Team will be having giveaways and a free BBQ, held at the north end of the Gorge Walk
- 2.00pm – 5.00pm: Samarinda open apartment and whale watching with a biologist, Samarinda Drive at Point Lookout
- 6.30pm – 11.00pm: Little Ship Club Dinner Dance, $30 per person, Yabby Street at Dunwich
Sunday 24th June
- 8.00am DAILY: Manta Lodge Snorkelling and Diving, Dickson Way in Point Lookout
- 8.00am – 2.00pm: Community Markets, including stalls, music and food at the Point Lookout Hall
- 8.00am – 2.00pm: Kingfisher Tours, a mini 4WD tour for only $15 per person, leaving from the Point Lookout Markets
Monday 25th June
- 8.30am DAILY: Beach Yoga, only $10 for 1 hour at Home Beach, Point Lookout
- 10.00am – 4.00pm: Amity Treasure Hunt with treasure map and quiz – win some great prizes!
- 7.00pm – late: Fishes Cafe at the Point will be celebrating with free live music Monday, Wednesday and Friday, located opposite the Gorge Walk at Point Lookout
Tuesday 26th June
- 7.30am Tuesday and Thursday: Keep Fit Class for only $10, held at Whalewatch Ocean Beach Resort on Samarinda Drive, Point Lookout
- 10.00am – 6.00pm: Dunwich Open Day including heritage walks, bush tucker, stalls and music
- 10.00am & 2.00pm DAILY: Guided Gorge Walk for only $10 with a marine biologist, leaving from the North end of the Gorge Walk, Point Lookout
Wednesday 27th June
- DAILY, times may vary: Learn to Surf at Cylinder Beach! For bookings, please phone 0428 539 684
- 5.00pm – late: La Focaccia all-you-can-eat buffet, located at the Anchorage Beachfront Resort, Point Lookout
Thursday 28th June
- 8.00am – 5.00pm DAILY: The Golf Club on Trans-island Road, Dunwich is offering a ‘play 2 for the price of 1’ special
- 10.00am – 12.00pm: Whalewatch Ocean Beach Resort are hosting a whale spotting morning tea party, located on Samarinda Drive, Point Lookout
- 6.00pm – 7.00pm: RSL Memorial Club $18 for wine sampling and platters, located on Mallon Street at Dunwich
- 5.30pm & 8.00pm: Straddie Stardust Cinema, running daily from 28th June – 6th July at the Point Lookout Hall
Friday 29th June
- 1.00pm – 3.00pm FREE Photography Workshop at Pandanus Palms Resort, Cumming Parade at Point Lookout
- 5.00pm – late: The Whale’s Way Restaurant are providing $8 cocktails and delicious $15 curries, located at Pandanus Palms Resort, Point Lookout
Saturday 30th June
- 11.00am – 2.00pm Mintee Street Party, including competitions, prizes and family fun at Mintee Street, Amity Point
- 2.00pm – 4.00pm FREE Live Theatre at Anchorage Beachfront Resort, Point Lookout. You are invited to a wedding!
- 5.00pm – late: Straddie Hotel Party, celebrating the finale of the Taste of Straddie Week and the hotel’s 50th birthday! Live band and platters available
- Date: Saturday 23 June
- End: Saturday 30 June
- » Event Website